Benefits of Ceramic Coating and Its Use with Infrared Curing
Author: Mark Boyle
Date: Monday 20th August 2018
One of the hottest trends that has appeared recently is the rise of ceramic coating and its application within the automotive industry. In fact, a lot of our bodyshop customers have been enquiring about the process and how it can be used to reap the benefits of a professional paint curing finish.
So what is ceramic coating and how is it used with infrared curing? It’s time to dive in and find out…
What Is Ceramic Coating?
To begin to understand exactly what ceramic coating is and its purposes, a simplistic way of looking at it is as a premium alternative to wax. It shares similar purposes to wax and was a regular method used in the oil and space industry before making its way towards automotive businesses.
One of the main uses of ceramic coating is to provide an additional layer of protection against environment contaminates as well as to enhance the gloss of the vehicle’s bodywork. Ceramic coating is considered to be a higher performing and more permanent technique than wax.
So why would you decide to add ceramic coating to your vehicle? There are both short-term and long-term reasons to consider. First of all, it makes it much easier to clean and maintain your car. While it doesn’t completely eliminate the risk of your car getting dirty, water slides off more easily and dirt will have a more difficult time bonding to the paintwork.
Ceramic coating also protects from the sun’s ultraviolet rays as well as chemical stains and etching. As well as taking less effort to maintain, your car will aesthetically appear better off thanks to an enhanced gloss. On top of the aforementioned benefits, there is the long-term affect of your vehicle increasing in value quite significantly.
How Ceramic Coating Is Used with Infrared Curing
Like most car repairs and enhancements, applying a ceramic coating is best used with infrared curing drying. With infrared curing, your job becomes much more efficient. The overall process becomes quicker and your productivity levels will increase, providing you with time to focus on other tasks and ensuring that the car gets back on the road sooner rather than later. Infrared curing lamps are extremely powerful and can cover large areas of the vehicle at a single time, thus making sure that there is a less likely chance your finished work will be imperfect.
A Diverse Range of Heat Lamps You Can Rely On
At Infratech Automotive Solutions we pride ourselves on delivering the very best infrared paint curing lamps on the market. So much so that they have even been used by F1 teams! Whether to be used by auto body shops or car racing teams, our product range has been designed to suit various requirements. With varying sizes, performance and flexibility, you will have no problem finding the heat lamp that is right for you.
Here is a summary of our diverse range of lamps:
- IT-500 – The IT-500 is our entry level lamp and is the perfect handheld product for small jobs. This lamp is a convenient solution for completing jobs on the go and drying hard to reach areas.
- IT-1000 – Our range of premium high performance lamps starts with the IT-1000. If you’re looking for a powerful lamp at an affordable cost, then we definitely recommend considering this model.
- IT-2000 – The IT-2000 drying system has a curing area of 700 x 800. This product will deliver a great return on investment and like all our lamps, is guaranteed to increase productivity.
- IT-3000 – If you require even more powerful, consider the IT-3000. This heat lamp has a curing area of 1000 x 900 and is ideal for all professional repairs.
- IT-6000 – The IT-6000 is our most premium and versatile infrared lamp. With an incredible curing area and increased flexibility, there’s no better product for achieving maximum results.
Order a High-End Infrared Curing Lamp from Infratech
If ceramic coating sounds like a job you want to carry out, or you have other SMART car repairs to complete, check out our range of infrared curing lamps. For more news from Infratech, like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.